Is your website just a billboard?
In the right hands it can be a virtual sales rep, a lead generation machine, a way to connect shoppers to your happiest customers, and the best place to show off everything that makes your company shine.
Contractor Calls builds smart, sophisticated websites for roofers that are packed full of features to help companies like yours excel. From smart lead capture forms that help you pre-qualify leads to responsive styles that look great on any device, our team is ready to make your website the most powerful tool in your marketing arsenal. Together with our battle-tested roofing SEO campaigns, our websites have helped roofing contractors like you reach new heights for nearly a decade.
Learn more about the Contractor Calls difference, or contact us today to get started with a free consultation.
Ryan Kelly · Kelly Roofing
Our Roofing SEO Campaigns Can Generate the Perfect Calls for You
- Roof replacement
- New construction roofing
- Emergency roof repairs
- Commercial & flat roofing systems
- Gutter installation and replacement
- Gutter cleaning
- Skylight installation
- Solar panel installation
- And more
What is Roofing SEO?
Roofing SEO, or search engine optimization, is a big topic.
Overall, SEO is the process of getting more & better traffic from search engines, without using ads. Here’s how SEO works.
For roofing contractors, SEO can mean:
- Ranking first on Google. Local SEO can help your website or local listing show up first when someone searches Google for “roofing contractors near me.”
- Ranking first on other search engines. SEO can help your company show up first when someone searches Yelp or Houzz for “roof repair.”
- Dominating organic search. Ranking first in both the “map pack” and regular Google results helps send a strong message that your company is legitimate, established, and dominant.
- Keeping your business info consistent. SEO can help keep your your services, pricing, hours of operation, and contact information up-to-date.
- Pushing your preferred services. SEO can help you generate more leads for specialty service, like skylight installation.
- Generating leads throughout your service area. SEO can help you generate more estimates from outside your hometown.
- Turning visitors into customers. SEO can help keep visitors on your site longer, encourage them to visit more pages, and request more estimates.
- Upgrading your mobile website. SEO can make sure that your website works just as well on mobile or tablet as it does on your desktop.
- Finding cracks in your marketing. SEO can help you identify and fix issues like bad reviews, broken links, and slow load times that cost you customers.
- Getting more out of your marketing. SEO can help you get more out of your Chamber of Commerce membership, event sponsorship, and more.
- Prioritizing your marketing. SEO can help you determine which marketing campaigns are worth your investment, and which ones aren’t.
How SEO Works for Roofing Contractors
Roofing Lead Generation
For many roofing companies, lead generation is priority one. It’s impossible to get every job you bid, so the short term goal is to bid as many jobs as possible.
If it’s sheer volume you want, we can deliver. Our smart, highly-targeted SEO campaigns have put our clients on top of some of the biggest markets in the country, generating hundreds of leads for the jobs they love most.
The best part? These are 100% exclusive roofing leads. That means you won’t have to fight with storm chasers and unlicensed roofers who are happy to undercut you.
Building Your Brand
As roofers know all too well, it’s easy to lose jobs to cheap competitors who will over promise and under deliver. With that in mind, the second stage of our campaign is to build your branding. We’ll help show your audience that price shouldn’t be the only factor that goes into choosing a roofer. Our team will work with you to find new local partnerships and sponsorship opportunities, build new links, and discover new ways to show off your work and legitimacy. We’ll also optimize your branded search, so customers will see the best and most relevant profiles when searching for your business by name.
Refining Your Leads
Over time, we’ll work with you to make sure that we’re generating the right kinds of leads for your business. Our SEO campaigns can adapt to help you sell you ideal service, neighborhood, or type of client. Whether you prefer new construction roofing jobs, commercial re-roofing, residential storm repairs, or gutter replacement, we’ll get you there together.
FAQs about Our Services for Roofers
If we’re optimizing an existing site, or rebuilding a site on an old domain, it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to see real results. If we’re starting a new site on a new domain, it can take anywhere from 6-12 months to rank well enough to generate significant call volume.
But SEO doesn’t happen in isolation. Your reviews, your sponsorships and memberships, your market, and your competition all play a big role. If you want a personalized timing estimate, contact us today.
Our exact mix of SEO activities changes from month to month, based on your priorities and our resources. Each month, we usually deliver a mix of building backlinks, technical SEO improvements, content development and marketing, citation and profile development, and more.
With Contractor Calls, you set your priorities, we develop a customized strategy, and then we keep our tactics updated to meet those goals.
If you’re like most of our roofers, you probably don’t care about the latest tech jargon, and that’s fine by us.
While other roofing SEO agencies send 50 pages of charts, graphs, and other data points to make your head spin, we like to keep it simple.
Each month, you’ll get a straightforward report on progress since last time, what we worked on, and what we’re planning next.
We can also set up a trackable phone number and contact forms to show you your lead growth over time, so you can better understand your investment. ‘
Finally, you’re always welcome to speak with any of our clients to learn about their experiences working with us.
The truth is that it’s not right for every roofer. SEO might not be a good fit it:
- Your market is extremely competitive
- Another roofer already has a big head start
- You have lots of 1-star reviews
- You’re more interested in short-term growth and controlling costs than long-term growth
Authority is the oldest ranking factor, and it’s driven primarily by links. Our team will evaluate your best backlink opportunities and build them out. This involves guest posting, setting up profiles on every worthwhile directory site, developing linkable assets, and more.
Relevancy is all about demonstrating that your business is relevant for a wide variety of search needs. For example, you might know that your company installs skylights within a 30 mile radius of your headquarters, but unless you spell it out in very specific ways, Google won’t ever know. And if Google doesn’t know, then it won’t include your website in search results when people go looking for those services.
Trust is the most complicated ranking factor, and the hardest to define. Trust can include which sites link to you and how, which sites you have reviews on, how many reviews you have, and so on. It also depends on whether or not your business name, address, and phone number are consistent everywhere: if Google isn’t sure which phone number is right, they probably won’t send users to your website or profile.
Evaluating these factors, and how your business shapes up, is an ongoing process. As part of our SEO strategy, we also regularly review your competitors to learn what tactics they’re using, and which tactics we should adapt as well.
Our go-to tactics include:
- Building backlinks
- Developing linkable assets
- Building and optimizing directory profiles
- Optimizing on page SEO
- Maximizing site performance and load speed
- Monitoring search ranking
- And more
Consider your options:
- PPC, or pay per click ads, are hard to justify when so many customers are just shopping around
- Lead gen networks like HomeAdvisor push roofers to compete on price and race to the bottom
- Referral networks take a lot of time to develop and may limit your type of client
- Flyers, lawn signs, and paper marketing materials help you sell neighboring jobs, but generally don’t help you break into new neighborhoods
On the other hand, SEO:
- Helps you get more value out of your reviews, memberships, associations, and other marketing investments
- Lets you capture bid requests without paying for them individually
- Helps your business develop momentum that can keep other competitors out of your market
- Earns more trust form customers, since highly-ranked companies look more legitimate
- Lets you specify your ideal customer or type of lead
- Creates online business relationships that can have offline benefits
Having a popular Instagram or Facebook page for your roofing company will keep customers engaged with your brand, help you reach their friends and family, and can help you get more out of your SEO team’s content.
But does a roofing SEO campaign need a social media campaign?
Not at all.
Google just wants to see that you’re a real brand. That means:
- People search for your company by name
- People visit your website and stay for a while
- People take the time to leave reviews
- People share your pages, articles, and other content
- Other websites like your content and link to it.
While social media can help, it’s not the only option. Our team will do a deep dive on your competition and see what impact a social media campaign could have in your market.
Google itself says you should never trust an SEO company that guarantees #1 rankings, and for good reason.
Your rankings depend on your website, your competitors’ websites, the search engine’s constantly changing rules, and hundreds of other factors. Since we can’t guarantee what your competitors (or Google) will do tomorrow, it’s impossible for anyone to guarantee anything.
But that doesn’t mean all hope is lost. The Contractor Calls team has handled SEO for roofing contractors for over a decade, so we know which SEO techniques are time-tested and which ones will be gone in a year.
In addition to web design and SEO, we can be your full-service webmaster. That includes hosting, security, backups, setting up new emails, and more.
We can also handle basic social media management, Google Ads/ Adwords management, and other paid search management.
Roofing Web Design
If you just want the best looking roofing website, you’re in the wrong place.
Our roofing web designs are built for performance. That means you’ll get:
- Superior compatibility. Our designs work on a wide variety of devices and browsers, so you’ll never miss a lead.
- Superior conversions. Our websites use strategically placed design elements, links, and CTAs to convert at surprisingly high rates.
- Superior flexibility. Our websites are designed to grow and change over time to meet your business needs.
- Superior content. Our roofing websites are written by people with experience in the roofing industry, so they’ll make you sound like a pro.
- Superior sharing. We make it extremely easy to share content via email or social media.
- Superior SEO features. Our sites are full of SEO features that will help you rank better and faster.
- And a lot more. We’re always finding new ways to make our websites faster, more effective, and all around better.