Roofing SEO FAQs
How Long Will SEO Take for my Roofing Business?
If we’re optimizing an existing site, or rebuilding a site on an old domain, it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to see real results. If we’re starting a new site on a new domain, it can take anywhere from 6-12 months to rank well enough to generate significant call volume.
But SEO doesn’t happen in isolation. Your reviews, your sponsorships and memberships, your market, and your competition all play a big role. If you want a personalized timing estimate, contact us today.
What Do You Do Each Month?
Our exact mix of SEO activities changes from month to month, based on your priorities and our resources. Each month, we usually deliver a mix of link building, technical SEO improvements, content development and marketing, citation and profile development, and more.
How Will I Know It’s Working?
If you’re like most of our roofers, you probably don’t care about the latest tech jargon, and that’s fine by us.
While other roofing SEO agencies send 50 pages of charts, graphs, and other data points to make your head spin, we like to keep it simple.
Each month, you’ll get a straightforward report on progress since last time, what we worked on, and what we’re planning next.
We can also set up a trackable phone number and contact forms to show you your lead growth over time, so you can better understand your investment. ‘
Finally, you’re always welcome to speak with any of our clients to learn about their experiences working with us.
Is SEO Right for Me?
The truth is that it’s not right for every roofer. SEO might not be a good fit it:
- Your market is extremely competitive
- Another roofer already has a big head start
- You have lots of 1-star reviews
- You’re more interested in short-term growth and controlling costs than long-term growth
Why Do Roofers Need SEO?
Consider your options:
- PPC, or pay per click ads, are hard to justify when so many customers are just shopping around
- Lead gen networks like HomeAdvisor push roofers to compete on price and race to the bottom
- Referral networks take a lot of time to develop and may limit your type of client
- Flyers, lawn signs, and paper marketing materials help you sell neighboring jobs, but generally don’t help you break into new neighborhoods
On the other hand, SEO:
- Helps you get more value out of your reviews, memberships, associations, and other marketing investments
- Lets you capture bid requests without paying for them individually
- Helps your business develop momentum that can keep other competitors out of your market
- Earns more trust form customers, since highly-ranked companies look more legitimate
- Lets you specify your ideal customer or type of lead
- Creates online business relationships that can have offline benefits
Do I Need Social Media for Roofing SEO?
Having a popular Instagram or Facebook page for your roofing company will keep customers engaged with your brand, help you reach their friends and family, and can help you get more out of your SEO team’s content.
But does a roofing SEO campaign need a social media campaign?
Not at all.
Google just wants to see that you’re a real brand. That means:
- People search for your company by name
- People visit your website and stay for a while
- People take the time to leave reviews
- People share your pages, articles, and other content
- Other websites like your content and link to it.
While social media can help, it’s not the only option. Our team will do a deep dive on your competition and see what impact a social media campaign could have in your market.
Do You Guarantee SEO Rankings?
Google itself says you should never trust an SEO company that guarantees #1 rankings, and for good reason.
Your rankings depend on your website, your competitors’ websites, the search engine’s constantly changing rules, and hundreds of other factors. Since we can’t guarantee what your competitors (or Google) will do tomorrow, it’s impossible for anyone to guarantee anything.
But that doesn’t mean all hope is lost. The Contractor Calls team has handled SEO for roofing contractors for over a decade, so we know which SEO techniques are time-tested and which ones will be gone in a year.